Monday, January 11, 2010

State of the Heart

A random ramble just to prove I'm still alive and writing.

A butterfly flutters in the midnight sky. Cutting through the wind, she ponders, where will I land, what will I find? Enveloped in darkness, guided by the shy Moon and the faint dispersed stars, she travels the sky. I hope I'll get there, I hope I'll get there. Get there where? Somewhere out there, I don't care.

A dog howls to the moon. Long unchained, he still feels restrained. I am no longer chained, but the ground still binds me. So he howls to the moon, knowing where light is, basking in its glory, can't grasp it, can't grasp it, unless it comes down. So howl, dog, howl. Sing to your moon, bring its silver beauty down.

Shadows under the street lights, where are you going? Here and there, most roads lead to nowhere. Passing by, trying to fly, just can't get off the ground, not even making a sound. Don't mistake the street light above as the Moon up in the sky.

Dance, butterfly, dance. Let your wings go, fly away, find your way. Take to the midnight skies, navigate the chilly winds, reach the moon where it is brightest.

Howl, dog, howl. Take hold of your place, your inheritance, the wolf, the alpha. Run to the hills, to the highest place. Howl to the big light in the sky. Sing and bring down the light, the warmth, where you belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment