Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Interlude

When I was growing up I wanted to be strong
When I've grown up I wanted to be even stronger
So I put on an armor, a heart of steel
And then I met you

You said "There is more to life than this"
I walked with you, learned from you, ate from your table
I was a child again
And then I grew up

I thought I understood you, so I felt safe
In my arrogance I thought I understood
In my arrogance I came full circle
And my mistake brought me back to you

Back to you, back to you
The child, a grown up now
but back to how he was, naked and armor-less
and his heart no longer cold steel
flesh stripped bare to the cold winds
back unguarded, open to kill and steal

I come back to you, walking on water
with my eyes fixed on you, I have no one else
I come back to you, no longer strong
Still a fighter, but no longer just trying to survive

Back to you, coming back to you
Trying to be complete again, because only you can
complete me, fill me up
Fill this God-shaped hole

Because only you can

No comments:

Post a Comment