Thursday, April 15, 2010

Walk On Water: Side Story

Once upon a time there was a rich man. He found an empty land, and on that empty land he found a treasure. The moment he found the treasure, he quickly buried the treasure again, went home, sold everything he had, and bought the land. But the biggest thing about this little story is that it begins with "The Kingdom of God is like....."

For us, soil and dust with breath of life in it, this guy sold everything he had and bought us overpriced, all for what little treasure we hide within us. The crazy thing is, he sold everything. An empty land is worth a lot if you have something to build on top of it. But without anything else under his name, the empty land will stay empty, if not for the hidden treasure. See, he bought the land not because of what will become of the land. He bought because of what's already in it. And I think that's insane.

But if the Kingdom of God is like that, so to make "Your Kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven" we have to see other empty lands the same way. My only problem with that is these days I have a short fuse, I really do. If I've had a bad day, and especially if this empty land is not the female kind, I get pissed really really fast. Let's just be honest here, I'm a man too, and a single man at that. I'm willing to tolerate women more than men, I'll just be honest here. But then this side story didn't say anything about that. He found a land, found a hidden treasure, and did everything he could to save it. It's a simple story. It just takes a lot to follow.

A lot of times it takes so much, in fact, that I feel that to keep on doing it I have to be walking on water.

What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment